Cotton Makes the World...


...go around #macromondays #Cotton Happy New Year, dear MM participants and Flickr friends :) Flickr seems to be back to normal again :) When I read that the first theme of 2022 is "Cotton", I first thought of denim, because I love denim. But I was also curious what cotton fibres are used for aside from the obvious %u2013 fabric or cotton wool. So I did some research, and to my great surprise I've learned that Euro notes (and banknotes in most other countries) are made of cotton. I'd assumed that the paper used for banknotes would be a special one, but I'd have never guessed that the main part is cotton. Modern Euro notes are made of pure cotton paper; a silver band and special fibres that glow under UV and infrared light are incorporated. The integrated watermark is made by varying the thickness of the paper. I've photographed the backside of a 50 Euro note. It's the small part, showing Europa, that repeats the watermark, where on the front side there's the silver band. Lightsources were two LED soft lights placed to the left and right (with a hint of backlight) of the banknote, and a handheld flashlight from the front to make the silvery fibres glow. It's a single high-res shot, processed in DXO PhotoLab 5 only. I'm not quite happy with the blurry left edge, and I have a focus stacked image (taken today) that is sharp from edge to edge, but in the end the more colourful version (which I couldn't repeat today, I just didn't get the light right) won, because it was... more colourful %u2013 and Europa also looks nicer here, although not any happier than in the edge-to-edge sharp shot. Which tempts me to sing to her: "Life is a Cabaret, old chum, come to the Cabaret!", but I don't sing in public, and the mark that Liza Minelli has set is, of course, unreachable for me ;) HMM, Everyone, stay safe and take care!



source https://www.flickr.com/photo.gne?id=51797027909

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Happy New Year !!

Wishing you all a very happy NEW YEAR, dear friends !! Here is an image of sunrise over Andaman sea as taken from Havelock islands in Andam...

My Instagram